Skip to main content

Vote from abroad II

The role of the rest of four people is following: 1. the one checks my vote registration is genuine. There is the number and name are recorded. 2. the one distributes the voting papers and envelopes. Then I go to a booth to write the vote and seal the envelopes. 3. the one records I voted. 4. the one seals the envelope A and took my vote.

I asked how many people come to vote. The answer is almost 100 people. There is not so many Japanese lives in Berlin, but around 3000. The vote is not only from Berlin, I think the voting ratio is quite low. By the way, the embassy's people were so kind. There is no such reception in Germany even in a shop.

The merit of voting from abroad is I need not to hear the election campaign. There is no disturbance campaign in Germany. Most of Japanese election campaign using the microphon car and just say the candidates name all the day. Everytime I was disturbed by such annoying campaign car, I swore I will never vote this disturbance person. If one did not think about others disturbance, how can I vote that one. Also, I doubt the efficiency of this just shouting the name. (Maybe you do not understand this. In Japan, political party shout its name using advertizing cars. Like the cars run around with microphone, shout CDU! CDU! or SPD! SPD! something like that. When you visit to Japan in the election time, you can take a video and put them onto the YouTube.) If someone care the policy, then they read newspaper, watch the TV, or discuss with friends to decide the vote. If one does not care, does not matter shout the name or not. In Japan, there are a lot of motto, but I also doubt the effect. (Do not steal! or something like that. My imagination does not enough how this works.) But I am afraid that I voted to one who is doing the campaign? Germany is better at this point.

On the other hand, there is some campaign using notices in Germany. For example, one big political party puts ``Wir haben die Kraft.'' I think this in Japanse, then ``Oretachi niha chikara ga aru. (We have the power.)'' This words usually followed by ``dakara omaetachi oretachi ni sakarattemo muda nanndayo.'' (Deshalb, Wiederstand ist zwecklos. (Therefore, the registance is futile.)) So, I wonder, Merkel becomes a dictator? I hope not. Maybe here ``wir'' is not CDU, but Germany. But, still I am afraid as an foreigner. Everyday, I saw them, I wonder what does it mean. This words, we have the power, could encourage the weak people, however, when this words come from the people who have the power, usually connects with too much pride. I don't recall an example that went good end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why A^{T}A is invertible? (2) Linear Algebra

Why A^{T}A has the inverse Let me explain why A^{T}A has the inverse, if the columns of A are independent. First, if a matrix is n by n, and all the columns are independent, then this is a square full rank matrix. Therefore, there is the inverse. So, the problem is when A is a m by n, rectangle matrix.  Strang's explanation is based on null space. Null space and column space are the fundamental of the linear algebra. This explanation is simple and clear. However, when I was a University student, I did not recall the explanation of the null space in my linear algebra class. Maybe I was careless. I regret that... Explanation based on null space This explanation is based on Strang's book. Column space and null space are the main characters. Let's start with this explanation. Assume  x  where x is in the null space of A .  The matrices ( A^{T} A ) and A share the null space as the following: This means, if x is in the null space of A , x is also in the null spa

Gauss's quote for positive, negative, and imaginary number

Recently I watched the following great videos about imaginary numbers by Welch Labs. https://youtu.be/T647CGsuOVU?list=PLiaHhY2iBX9g6KIvZ_703G3KJXapKkNaF I like this article about naming of math by Kalid Azad. https://betterexplained.com/articles/learning-tip-idea-name/ Both articles mentioned about Gauss, who suggested to use other names of positive, negative, and imaginary numbers. Gauss wrote these names are wrong and that is one of the reason people didn't get why negative times negative is positive, or, pure positive imaginary times pure positive imaginary is negative real number. I made a few videos about explaining why -1 * -1 = +1, too. Explanation: why -1 * -1 = +1 by pattern https://youtu.be/uD7JRdAzKP8 Explanation: why -1 * -1 = +1 by climbing a mountain https://youtu.be/uD7JRdAzKP8 But actually Gauss's insight is much powerful. The original is in the Gauß, Werke, Bd. 2, S. 178 . Hätte man +1, -1, √-1) nicht positiv, negative, imaginäre (oder gar um

Why parallelogram area is |ad-bc|?

Here is my question. The area of parallelogram is the difference of these two rectangles (red rectangle - blue rectangle). This is not intuitive for me. If you also think it is not so intuitive, you might interested in my slides. I try to explain this for hight school students. Slides:  A bit intuitive (for me) explanation of area of parallelogram  (to my site, external link) .